Password management has become an annoying part of our modern lives.
Every secure website requires a password and, as hackers become more sophisticated, sites are requiring more complicated passwords for all users.
Password management services like Blur from Abine have developed to make keeping track of all these complicated passwords easier.
How Does Abine Blur Work?
Blur from Abine is a password manager that is extremely easy to use.
With Blur, you can be sure that all your online information is protected and secure. It makes it very easy, safe, and quick for you to log in and manage your passwords from your phone, tablet, or browser.
Blur offers a unique way to manage your passwords and provides more than just auto-filling your password. Blur gives you the convenience of auto-fill along with the smart masking, which helps to protect your online presence.
With Blur, you can mask your email addresses, phone numbers, and credit card detail. Blur generates a set of random numbers and alphabets which replaces your information and then ties it back to your address or number.
The objective of Blur is that it makes it very easy for you to protect your online identity and manage it without foregoing convenience.
And the advantages of using Blur add up in the long run. By using Blur on all the websites you visit, you reduce the risk of credit card frauds and identity theft.
So, How Does Masking Work?
- Masking uses the same technology that is used by email or call forwarding. Blur uses technology to protect your personal information, passwords, payments, etc. to keep your identity safe and secure.
- When you get an online form, Blur offers you a choice of whether you want to give your real information or if you want your data to be masked.
- If you are dealing with merchants or sites that you don’t trust, then you can opt for the mask option.
- When you choose to mask your mobile number, email ID, or credit card number, it creates and auto-fills different phone, email, or credit card details that Blur receives, instead of your actual information.
- All masked information generated by Blur is real and not fake. Hence, the data cannot be abused or tracked back to you.
- The masked information is stored by the website in the same way as your real personal information. And, all your masked information is stored and organized by the site, no need for you to keep track of it. And, the next time you visit the website, Blur will auto-fill your masked information.
Advantages of Masking Your Information
- If a website where you have given your masked email sends you a message, you will get the email to your real email ID forwarded privately.
- If you get a call or a text to your masked mobile phone number, the call or text will be forwarded by Blur to your real number.
- If there is an overcharge on any of your masked credit cards, there will be no additional charges to your real credit card.
Is Blur Password Manager Legit?
Abine Inc. is an online privacy company that makes privacy tools for consumers. These tools allow the consumer to control what other people, third parties, and companies can see about them online.
Abine Inc. was started in the year 2008 by Andrew Sudbury, Rob Shavell, and Eugene Kuznetsov. The company is located in Boston, Massachusetts.
Abine is backed by the venture capital firms General Catalyst Partners and Accomplice Venture, and millions of people use the company’s products Blur and DeleteMe.
The features and services offered by Blur include:
Blur helps you secure your passwords and generates a unique password for each account.
Blur saves your login details and password when you create a new account or log in to any of your existing accounts. Blur encrypts the passwords so that they are stored safely and syncs the information to all the devices.
When you create new accounts, you can make your passwords unique and challenging to crack. The passwords will be remembered by Blur so that you can access them anytime you want.
And when you want to log in, the password is decrypted by Blur and filled in automatically so that you can log in very quickly.
Blur uses AES-256 encryption and hack-proof hosting, which keeps your data safe and secure.
When all your accounts and passwords are safely stored in Blur, you can use the Blur mobile app and sync your passwords across all your devices instantly.
If you want to see all the accounts that you have saved, you can view them in the Blur dashboard, which also gives you the details of the place where the passwords have been reused.
You can provide your masked email details to websites, and then you can receive your emails to your real ID privately, remain anonymous, and block spam very easily.
Email masking is available with Blur’s free plan and is a service that sets them apart from other password management software services.
Masked Credit Card
With Blur, a new credit card number is created for every purchase. All the masked cards or virtual cards have an inbuilt limit, and so there are no risks of hidden charges or any data breach to your card.
All your passwords, auto-fill information and masked data are synced automatically and backed up across all the devices.
Most of the websites let third parties monitor all your online activity. Blur blocks all tracking technologies, tracking scripts, targeting images, ads, etc. and prevents any secret data collection.
Auto-Fill Forms Quickly
Blur lets you fill any online form quickly with just a click. You can auto-fill your passwords, credit cards, addresses, emails, etc.
The support system of Blur is sound, and you can reach the customer service team via email or chat. For free users, the response time is usually within three working days, while for Premium users, the response time is one day.
Blur offers two plans. You can signup with Blur for free, or you also have a Blur Premium Plan.
Free Option Includes
- Masked email
- Encrypted passwords
- Tracker blocking
Includes all the features that the free version has plus some powerful features such as:
- Device Sync: Syncs logins, passwords, and masked information across all devices, offering access to your accounts anywhere.
- Secure Backup: Backs up your passwords and accounts on remote servers.
- Masked Phone Numbers: Block unwanted callers, telemarketers, etc. and helps you make anonymous calls.
- Masked credit cards
- Priority customer support
- $39/ 1 year
- $59/ 2 years
- $79/3 years
Renewal is automatic until you cancel the membership.
EveryKey – Everykey brings password management to the physical world with their wireless technology.
1 Password – One of the easiest options for those looking to import passwords from multiple sources.
Sticky Password – One of the more affordable options with their lifetime membership.
- Easy to use.
- Unique masking function – phone numbers, email IDs, and credit cards.
- Syncs multiple devices.
- Excellent customer support.
- Mobile apps are available for Android and iOS, which allows you to view your dashboard.
- The design is very basic and does not offer a lot of flexibility.
- Does not offer folder options.
- The browser extension is quite clunky.
- No way to view the information offline or fill it into non-browser-based applications automatically.
Abine Blur Password Manager Review Final Thoughts
Blur presents as a reliable option for anyone wanting to protect their passwords and create an additional layer of identity theft protection.
Not only does the service have a robust offering, but their parent company Abine is well respected in the online security space.
If Blur meets your needs and your price then you should feel very comfortable using them for password security