Valued Opinions is an online survey site which allows members to gain cash rewards in exchange for leaving their feedback and opinions via surveys.
This information is invaluable for businesses, who use the real-time feedback to influence and improve the products and services they offer to the public.
How does Valued Opinions Work?
Valued Opinions invites members to participate in surveys in exchange for rewards. Getting started is easy – the signup process is clear and simple, and once users receive an email confirmation, they are free to start earning.
There are several different survey types available, and payment is based on the length of the survey—which usually take between 15 and 20 minutes; most will pay between $1 and $5. Users may also be sent occasional unpaid surveys, which help to make your profile more detailed, and reduce the likelihood of being disqualified from surveys in the future.
Users can also rise through the ranks, thanks to the Members Program. This program allows you to collect badges based on your participation in surveys and mini-tasks, and there are five levels to work toward: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond.
As an added bonus, the site has recently launched a new mobile app for iOS and Android users. This allows access to exclusive mobile-only surveys, boosting the number of invites you are likely to receive. Members can also be notified if they are eligible for a survey, thus offering more chances to participate and earn points, no matter where you are.
Is Valued Opinions Legit?
In addition, they are accredited by the Better Business Bureau and hold a privacy certification from Trust Arc. These are all important factors in determining the authenticity of a site, and Valued Opinions passes with flying colors.
How do I get paid?
There are a variety of formats to receive rewards in, but the most popular appears to be gift cards for iTunes, Amazon, Target, spa services, restaurants, retail outlets, charity donations, and even airline miles.
All rewards are only available to US members, and electronic vouchers are usually delivered within 24 hours. A physical gift card can be requested, but this may take up to 28 days.
The inability to redeem rewards in cash is a downside; several competitor sites offer this option. Gift cards are the only option, and this seems restrictive. In addition, users must have collected a minimum of $10 before points can be exchanged for prizes – this can be difficult to reach on a limited number of invitations and surveys.
Valued Opinions was established in 2004, and operate as part of the company ResearchNow. Since their inception, they have spread to over 20 different countries, and offer their services in ~15 languages.
Valued Opinions is one part of a large market research industry. Some of the top alternatives for those looking to earn with surveys are:
- Univox Community – With more than a decade in the industry, Univox offers a solid platform for its users.
- EarnHoney – One of the better known GPT programs, EarnHoney has multiple ways to earn.
- YouGov – Working with both local and national governments, YouGov is a great option for earning on the side.
- Frequent surveys: Unlike some competitor sites, users have reported getting ~2 to 6 invites to new surveys every month; this is quite a high number.
- Variety in surveys: Valued Opinions seems to understand that filling out surveys can be tedious, and they offer product testing, mobile surveys, and teen surveys to help keep things interesting.
- Bonus Badge system: Gives users the chance to earn extra points through the badges system – the more active you are on the site, the more lucrative this becomes.
- More earning opportunities: Free entries into sweepstakes increase your chances of winning cash prizes.
- Worldwide availability: Registration to the site and surveys is available to users worldwide, with full accessibility to those from Australia, Canada, the UK, and New Zealand.
- Accessibility: Available on Android and iOS app to help with accessibility.
- Technical difficulties: Several users have reported issues with the website, such as money not being credited to accounts at all after completing surveys.
- Poor support: Customer service appears to be lacking across the site, with many users reporting no response to queries and questions.
- Site lock-outs: Members have also experienced being locked out of the site and told they are no longer eligible for surveys, with no explanation.
- Not user-friendly: Surveys cannot be saved and returned to at a later date; it must all be completed in a single sitting—which makes filling out the longer surveys a real commitment.
- No cash option: There is no option to redeem rewards in cash; this is at odds with similar sites which offer PayPal, bank transfers, or prepaid cards as choices.
- Long wait for rewards: Money can take several weeks to be credited to the account after completing a survey; in some cases, the money never appears.
- Reward inconsistencies: The Amazon voucher offered as a reward is sometimes unavailable, leaving users unable to redeem their rewards or use their voucher.
Valued Opinions Review Bottom Line
There are benefits to Valued Opinions. Many members report surveys are interesting and lively and are received more often compared to those on other sites, with some users receiving 6 invitations a month.
When it comes to redeeming rewards, however, there are numerous issues surrounding cash being credited to the account, lengthy withdrawal periods, and most glaringly, the lack of an option to withdraw in cash. For the last reason alone, other sites may be more suitable for users looking to earn cash rather than prizes or other rewards from their surveys.
Leave a Reply