Boxpn, like other VPN services, will protect you from the prying eyes online.
This review of Boxpn will detail everything you need to know about the company and whether it can meet your needs for online protection.
How Does Boxpn Work?
Boxpn has been designed very well and is a breeze to use, especially for first-time users.
It has an interface that is easy on the eye and overall pleasing appearance, and the experience is pleasant, from creating an account to switching servers.
For those who have trouble understanding or installing software, Boxpn provides handy step-by-step guides.
The setup process is pretty straightforward. All you have to do is provide your email address, a username, and a password.
Once you do that, you will be sent a confirmation email to the address you provide, and clicking on it will take you to the user dashboard, and you will be asked to download the setup file for your platform.
Once you have downloaded and installed the file, you will be taken to a login screen.
You will be taken to the control panel as soon as you log in. Once there, it is as simple as clicking on the “Connect” button. You can, of course, configure it manually too.
All VPN services will claim to protect you from snooping eyes, but that is just a small part of anonymity. These are the main features of the Boxpn service.
Boxpn maintains that they have a no-logging policy. This means that they do not keep or maintain any logs of the user’s online activity, nor do they store any private information on any of their servers.
Boxpn says that they do not need the user’s phone number, physical address, name or surname, or any other kind of personal information, and the user will never be asked any of this ever.
They say that the only information they do keep a log of is the payment information because of regulations.
Here are some of the protocols that Boxpn uses to protect its customers:
- OpenVPN: It is is a very versatile and well-supported protocol, can be used in both UDP and TCP ports and offers 1024-bit encryption. In case your VPN is interrupted, the network will stop until you log back in. You are unlikely to run into problems with OpenVPN because it has a large open-source community that keeps updating it for vulnerabilities.
- L2TP: This tunneling protocol is often paired with IPSec. It does not offer any protection by itself, but can be used to transport multiprotocol such as AppleTalk, IPX and IP. Its most significant advantage is that it is supported by mobile platforms and is secure and fast.
- SSTP: Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol is something that works in a situation where most VPN protocols are blocked, such as some countries like Belize that have forbidden the use of VPNs. It uses 2048-encryption and authentication certificates and is considered most secure among VPN protocols.
- PPTP: Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol is easy to set up and maintain, and hence is one of the most common VPN protocols. It requires user-level authentication.
Boxpn offers three plans.
The standard, 1-month plan costs around $9.99 a month and offers no discounts as of now.
They have a 3-month plan, that is selling right now for a discount of $6.66, with savings of about 33%.
Their best-selling plan is their annual plan, which they are offering for $2.99 per month, with a whopping saving of 70%! If you order now, the total will come to about $35.88. Without the offer, the yearly plan costs $119.88.
All the plans include attractive services such as access to 300+ servers worldwide, five simultaneous connections, unlimited speed and bandwidth, 2048-bit encryption, coverage of 32 countries, and access to P2P and torrent networks.
The subscriptions can be canceled at any point in time.
How to Pay
Like a lot of its contemporaries, Boxpn offers a lot of payment options to its customers for their convenience.
This is because the company wants to offer its customers anonymity and flexibility when there is the question of payment options on their portal.
Customers can use their credit cards (American Express, MasterCard, Discover or Visa), and PayPal, a frequent recurrence among most VPN service providers.
Boxpn offers a lot of options when it comes to cryptocurrencies; customers can take their pick from a wide selection of them, the most popular include:
- Bitcoin Cash
Then there is the option of Global payments such as Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, ClickandBuy, Bank Transfer, Ukash, and Mint.
There is also the option of Perfect Money. The presence of so many modes of payments shows that Boxpn is pretty serious about the privacy of its customers.
Boxpn has servers in more than 30 countries and 800+ servers worldwide. It is compatible with most of the operating systems that are in use today. Server countries include:
- United Kingdom
- United States
- many others
To know more about their servers and locations, visit this page.
As we mentioned, Boxpn is compatible with most of the operating systems that are in use today. These are:
As of now, it is not compatible with DD-WRT and Tomato-enabled routers to stream and access content such as streaming videos or online gaming.
Supports Torrent and P2P Networks
This is indeed good news for those who use torrent and P2P networks frequently. Though be aware that while using these networks on a VPN network, users may experience slower than usual speeds.
Boxpn supports 5 simultaneous connections.
Boxpn or “VPN in a Box” is a web-based company that started in 1998. The company initially specialized in online platforms and web hosting.
Later on, the company forayed into the world of VPN services and dedicated servers, making it one of the first companies to do so.
The company is based in Seychelles and hence does not fall under the mandatory data retention laws that are required by Western companies.
This means that you can surf the internet with complete peace of mind without being worried about losing your privacy.
- Crypto Storm – A well know service for p2p torrenting and reliable encryption.
- Cyberghost – Offers the most simultaneous connections for the price.
- Earth VPN – Security focused with Bitcoin and compatible among all platforms.
- Works with Netflix
- 2048-bitt encryption
- Relatively fast connection speeds
- No kill switch
- Short trial period
- Keeps some logs
Boxpn Review Final Thoughts
Boxpn offers high-speed connections and top-level security at very competitive prices.
The company has a positive reputation in the VPN industry and claims that neither the government or your internet service provider can monitor your internet activities.
If this VPN meets your needs then you should have little problem with their service.