An intriguing Virtual Private Network provider filling a niche in the VPN market.
Started in 2012 and based in Chisinau a city in the Republic of Moldova. Now don’t let their home location run you off, because their services are targeted to provide access primarily to the United States and United Kingdom. So if you travel a lot or live outside the US or UK, but want to have a virtual internet connection that is on the inside, then CactusVPN could very well be a great deal for you.
>>Click here to see latest prices and plans
Breakdown of Services
- Inexpensive access to US & UK
- Unlimited and unmetered VPN / DNS
- Limited logs (does not track upload/download)
- Supports all major devices and operating systems
- Three simultaneous connections (though not to same server)
- Pay with PayPal, credit/debit card, Alipay, Boleto, CashU, Qiwi, Webmoney
- Applications Killer – shuts down your torrent client if the VPN connection drops
Unlock US & UK Restricted Websites
If you are shopping for a service that will give you access to websites that are restricted to only those located physically inside US and UK then you will want to consider CactusVPN. Here is a capture from their page showing some of the websites you can gain local access to. They have a 30 day money back guarantee and one of the qualifiers for it is if you do not gain access to one of these sites listed.
CactusVPN is small when compared to some of the bigger older providers, but they have what most people want and are very affordable. At a lower than average price you can gain access one of their 12 VPN servers that are located in three counties. In the US they have servers strategically located in Los Angeles (West Coast), Kansas City (Central), and Wilmington (East Coast). In the UK they have three servers in London and one in Maindenhead. For those interested in using P2P torrenting software it is allowed on their five VPN servers located in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Unlimited and Unmetered
All their plans are unlimited and unmetered. You can have three simultaneous connections just not to the same server. You can have unlimited devices connected to the same server if they are connecting through one external IP address. So if you connect you home router then everything in your house that connects through your router would have access to the same VPN server. If that is not enough connections for you then you can purchase a second account at a 50% discounted rate.
Just to give you a chance to see if everything will connect and meet your needs CactusVPN does offer a 24hour free trial with full access to all of their servers and their Smart DNS technology.
30-day Money Back Guarantee
Here are the basics of their money back guarantee. Of course you will want to check their website for the latest and more through information.
They offer a 30 days money back guarantee if you:
- Can’t connect to our VPN servers using all VPN connections included in package.
- One of the sites from their unblocked websites list is blocked for you
- The Smart DNS service stopped working.
Like all other VPN services Cactus does not condone, support, and forbids the downloading copyrighted material. However they do allow torrent downloading and P2P applications to run through their servers located in the Netherlands. If you get caught using torrent software on their US or UK servers there is the possibility of having your account suspended without a refund. They do have five servers located in the Netherlands so it does not make sense to run torrents in the US or UK anyway. For anyone interested in running torrent software this is a pretty good deal.
CactusVPN states that they do not sell or rent personally identifiable information to anyone unless you consent to the disclosures of your identification and personal information to third parties. The say that they may only send personally identifiable information about you to other third parties when:
- They have your consent to share information
- They have to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal processes which requires them to disclose registration data or any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials that in their sole discretion they believe is necessary or appropriate.
For their VPN and Smart DNS users they keep connection logs for three days. They state that their connection logs only contain information about a person’s connection time and do not contain anything about what kind of traffic or websites that a person visits.
They also state that they:
- do not track and do not know about what you are uploading/downloading while using their services, and that they keep no logs that include this information
- they do not know or log the sites that you personally visit
- they do not track which applications you use
All in All, CactusVPN is a great little service provider that will interest those who want just basic access to the US and UK or would enjoy having five servers available in the Netherlands to run their torrent software over. They are inexpensive and give you just the bare bones but that is all some people want. They offer a free 24 hour trial to make sure they will work for you.
If you are looking to gain access in or out of a lot of countries, require a more complex plan with a robust platform of services, or want to look at other VPN providers then GO HERE to check out our VPN reviews page.