Looking for a lot of simultaneous connections at a good price? Then take a look at this no log full service VPN provider.
CyberGhost also has VPN support for Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick!
How Does Cyberghost VPN Work?
CyberGhost offers a complete VPN solution that includes unlimited band width for up to a very liberal seven simultaneous connections. Plus the following features:
- Automatic Kill Switch
- DNS and IP Leak Protection
- No Logs Policy
- 256-bit AES Encryption
- Apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, Routers
CyberGhost offers an extensive subscription model like most of its peers and occasionally they offer some nice discounted rates on the longer VPN plans. Typically you will find competitive monthly, six month, yearly, and 18 month plans.
They also offer an option for a dedicated IP address. CyberGhost has a no-questions-asked policy when it comes to getting you your money back. After you have signed up, you have multiple days (dependent on plan chosen) to cancel and ask for a refund.
- Monthly will set you back $12.99 and come with a 14 day money back guarantee
- 6th month plan cost $7.99 a month billed $47.94 and comes with a 45 day money back guarantee
- Yearly plan cost $5.25 costing you $63 a year and includes a 45 day money back guarantee
- 18 month plan $3.50 a month costing $63 every 18 months and comes with 45 day money back guarantee
Watch for discounts as they occasionally run discounts that can save you even more.
When it comes to payment, most people will find the typical options to purchase their VPN service such as as major credit cards players including Visa, MasterCard and American Express. You will also find an option for PayPal as well as Bitcoin which give the option to pay anonymously.
If you are purchasing your VPN service from Germany, Switzerland, or Austria, a CyberGhost subscription can be bought in offline resellers like MediaMarkt and Saturn which also gives you to option to pay cash.
This gives you the serial of an offline box version that can’t be tracked back to your personal information.
Support of Paysafe Cards is not currently offered.
CyberGhost insists that your anonymity is safe with them, regardless of how you purchase it.
Regardless how you purchase CyberGhost states that it is not possible to use payment information to track what a person does with their user account. The only info that could be discerned is that you actually paid for VPN access not the data that traveled over it.
Purchase anonymously if you do not want people to know you have a PVN account.
CyberGhost is compatible with a number of operating systems, which include:
- Windows (7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10)
- Chrome OS
- Raspberry Pi
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick
CyberGhost has an impressive growing number of VPN servers with over 3,132 in 60 countries at the time of this writing.
Some of the top supported countries are Canada (112 servers), France (240 servers), Germany (466 servers), Italy (99 servers), Netherlands (110 servers), Switzerland (80 servers), United Kingdom (334 servers), United States (541 servers) and so on.
There is an interactive map on their website that shows all the countries with the number of servers and users that is updated regularly.
You can also search for the best server based off of the type of streaming service you use. Options available are Netflix, BBC-iPlayer, Hulu, Youtube, Chruchyroll or you can just search by ping.
As stated earlier, CyberGhost is very serious about maintaining data protection and being uncompromising about user privacy.
Keeping that in mind, whenever you are using CyberGhost, you can be sure that your internet activities, content and search preferences will not be monitored, logged, recorded or stored by the company. Accounts can also be purchased anonymously.
No connection logs are stored, which means that there are no logs regarding your IP address, the time spent online or connection timestamps.
This is data that cannot be used to identify you. CyberGhost claims that this data is used solely for analytics and internal monitoring.
CyberGhost makes use of many protocols and we will take a look at these:
- OpenVPN: It is a very popular choice because it is very configurable, reliable and its tendency to bypass a large number of firewalls makes it a popular choice among VPN providers. It works on long-distance internet routing and is able to use many ports. What makes it essential is that it makes use of 256-bit encryption (uses a bit more of CPU power).
- Internet Protocol Security (IPSec): It is known to connect very quickly and enables integrity and authenticity inside an IP net.
- Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP): It is very easy to set up, but not the most secure. Like OpenVPN, PPTP is not reliant on a certification infrastructure. Experts have said that it is faster than other VPN methods.
- Kill Switch: The CyberGhost comes equipped with a kill switch which means that if a user’s VPN connection is, for some reason, broken, the internet connection is cut off completely. This way, there is no chance that any data is leaked to the internet service provider.
- DNS Leak Protection: By default, CyberGhost enables this option, ensuring that there are no DNS, IPv6 or port forwarding leaks.
- Ad Blocking: A nice feature included with CyberGhost is ad blocking which enhances your browsing experience. Without the nagging advertisements, pages load quicker and smoother. It also acts as an impediment to some types of malware and spyware that can be distributed over ad networks.
- Compression of Data: This feature is handy when you are on the move and mobile data is at a premium. So this feature can save money and or bandwidth.
- Extra Speed: This feature is enabled by default and cannot be disabled. CyberGhost picks up the fastest servers for you from the pool of available servers.
Ease of Use
Once you have registered, setting up is pretty easy. You will be presented with a choice of seven devices. And, you pick the app for whichever operating system you are using.
The desktop version of the software is pretty easy to navigate, with a few options to choose from such as unblocking basic websites, surfing anonymously, protecting Wi-Fi, ‘torrenting’ anonymously, choosing my server and unblocked streaming.
If you don’t make a choice of the server while surfing, the software will choose it automatically for you.
The mobile version is essentially the same as the desktop version but looks a little different and the on-screen instructions are self-explanatory. This is a well-designed, intuitive app and is easy to navigate.
If you should run into any problems CyberGhost VPN has great customer support and a lot of satisfied subscribers to vouch for their reputation.
They have a live chat support and a helpful member of staff is always around to offer you assistance. There is also a ticket system and a help center. The latter is quite extensive and also has an FAQ section.
A startup in 2011 in Bucharest, Romania, the company provides VPN services for million users around the world.
CyberGhost is a major supporter of internet freedom, promoter of a free societies, an uncensored internet culture, and considers privacy as a basic human right.
The company has over 50 IT professionals working for it and has offices both in Romania and Germany, the latter is where most of the software development takes place.
The company also has a strong presence in France and Italy. The company cites that the main reasons to have their offices in Romania is that the country’s courts have a negative approach to surveillance on civilians.
- Seven simultaneous connections!
- No logs
- Pay anonomously
- Can use torrents
- On the moderate side for pricing
- No availability in China
- No business plans
CyberGhost VPN Final Thoughts
Cyberghost is best for it’s ability to allow seven simultaneous connections at once. If you are like most people and have multiple devices online at once, then this one feature may make Cyberghost a top option for you.