One of the most highly rated VPN service providers and also the most widely used and available all over the world.
NordVPN is inexpensive and has more servers than most of the other VPN service providers, while also being highly advanced in their security encryption.
As an overview, all subscription plans by NordVPN offer the same features when it comes to privacy and access to servers. Take a look at some of the basic features commonly offered by the plans:
- 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans.
- Access to more than 4,800 servers all over the world.
- Ability to connect 6 devices at the same time.
- Strictly no logs policy.
- Unlimited bandwidth with null censorship.
- 24 x 7 customer support for all technical issues.
- P2P sharing and downloads allowed.
- Monthly Plan: The highest priced plan on the portal, the monthly plan will set you back by $11.95 which will be billed monthly until the subscription is canceled.
- 6-Month Plan: The 6-month plan will cost you $9 per month. The plan is renewed every six months and the total amount charged is $54, effectively offering savings of 24%.
- 1-Year Plan: This is the most popular subscription plan and historically offers the maximum savings. The annual plan costs $6.99 every month and is billed annually with a total charge of $83.88. The users can effectively save 41% on purchasing the annual plan.
- 3-Year Plan: This is a limited time deal that NordVPN is offering to its customers. The 3-year plan will let you save a whopping 75%. Under this plan, you’ll be charged $99 every three years, or just $2.75 per month.
The customers have an option to choose from a number of payment methods on the NordVPN platform. Here’re the payment methods that the portal supports:
- Credit Cards (VISA, MasterCard, AmEx and Discover).
- Cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dash, Monero and Zcash.
- Other options like AliPay, WebMoney, Yandex and more.
Unlike most other VPN service providers, NordVPN allows you to connect up to 6 devices to a single account at the same time. This is especially beneficial in case you are a small business owner running multiple devices.
NordVPN can operate on:
- Desktops and laptops
- Gaming consoles
- Home or office routers
- Android TVs
The VPN is also compatible with all operating systems, including macOS and Windows, as well as Android and iOS.
NordVPN has one of the widest networks of among all VPN service providers. It provides access to 4,872 servers through its network, spread over 62 countries covering each and every continent, except Antarctica.
It also offers access to over 2,200 IP addresses. Like CactusVPN and PIA VPN,it has many servers are located in the Americas and Europe. Countries like South Korea, Israel, UAE, Taiwan, Egypt and more, where it is tough to provide a network, are also covered under the global network of NordVPN.
NordVPN uses some of the most advanced encryption to provide its users with an ultimately secure experience and to protect their online identity and internet traffic.
- Uses AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with 256 bit-keys to securely encrypt your internet data.
- Uses IKEv2/IPsec to encrypt the user traffic that implements high-level algorithms and keys.
- Has a strict no traffic logs policy, therefore, not even a shred of your data is saved by NordVPN.
- An extra layer of security by using Double VPN which encrypts the online traffic twice.
- Automatic kill-switch to avoid any data leak in case the connection is lost.
- DNS leak protection in place to prevent any data breach through an unencrypted server.
- The CyberSec features block all harmful websites to prevent any malware from downloading.
- Protection from DDoS attacks.
- Ensures cutting-edge privacy by using the Onion network with VPN features, Onion Over NordVPN.
- Dedicated IP addresses available in certain countries.
- Offers an encrypted proxy extension for both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Allows P2P traffic on hundreds of servers globally at fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth.
- Uses SmartPlay technology to allow you access to previously blocked content sharing platforms like Netflix.
- OpenVPN, IPSec, PPTP and L2TP security protocols.
Ease of Use
NordVPN software is easy to download and install. Once you choose your subscription plan and make the payment, NordVPN is available for download on all your devices. The features are easily accessible and user friendly enough to navigate easily on all operating systems.
The web portal of NordVPN has an extensive guide on using the software to avail the maximum benefit and amplify your online security through the app. The design is minimalist in approach and precise.
The customer support team is highly responsive and is available round the clock to answer all the queries by users. There is also a live chat option within the software which the users can use to get answers.
The app is easy to set up and has a drop-down menu for features. It can be a little intimidating in the beginning to get a hang of all the privacy features like obfuscated servers.
About the Company
NordVPN was established in the year 2012 and serves over a million people worldwide. It is based in Panama, a country that has no data regulations on keeping user records. The VPN service provider also received PCMag’s Editors’ Choice award.
It is one of the few VPNs that operate in China and also let users access Netflix. NordVPN is arguably the best option available for netizens who want ultimate privacy and some advanced features to access restricted sites or just hide their online identity.
Pros and Cons of NordVPN
Nord is a highly recommended VPN service by analysts and users alike. Here’s what works in favor of NordVPN and what doesn’t.
- Cutting-edge data encryption technology including Double VPN to secure your online traffic.
- Bypasses censorship on geo-restricted websites through SmartPlay.
- CyberSec protects against malware and also enhances the browsing experience by removing the advertisements.
- Strict no logs policy.
- Robust customer support with a round-the-clock chat option.
- Access to a huge server base worldwide.
- Onion Over VPN allows the users to visit the dark web.
- No IP or DNS leak.
- Proxy encryption for Chrome and Firefox.
- Access to fast P2P file transfer which means an easy use of torrents.
- Users can conveniently pay using Bitcoin.
- Users can avail dedicated IPs by paying some extra amount.
- The navigation can seem a little confusing to first-time users due to advanced options.
- The speed isn’t as fast as claimed on some servers.