Worthy is an online luxury auction house where you can sell your high-value items such as diamond jewelry, cut or uncut diamonds and luxury watches.
How Does Worthy.Com Work?
Worthy brings buyers and sellers together with their luxury marketplace and guarantees you the best market value for your valuables, along with outstanding service. The company enables you to get the most for your valuables in the shortest time and with the least effort possible.
Worthy’s sales process is very simple and consists of 5 steps:
- First, you must describe the item you want to sell in as much detail as possible in the submission form and submit it along with a photo of the item. On basis of your description, Worthy uses its smart technology and conducts a market value analysis of the item.
- Worthy then asks you to ship your valuables to their secure facilities free of charge. Worthy provides you with a prepaid FedEx shipping label for the same.
- When the item arrives at the headquarters of Worthy, it is cleaned and photographed professionally by experts and then sent to GIA for grading and evaluation. You will be then asked to set a reserve price for your item and at the same time, an alert is sent to the prospective buyers about the item to be auctioned.
- The auction starts where specific targeted and qualified buyers compete for the valuables and a time period of up to 48 hours is set during which the buyers place their bids.
- When you approve and accept the highest bid, Worthy processes your payment immediately and the amount is transferred to you.
Once you approve the final bid and the payment is processed, Worthy sends the item to the winning buyer. All the transactions conducted by Worthy are completely guaranteed and there are no cancellation policies or fine print.
Worthy professionally authenticates and describes the valuable items and guarantees the buyers that they get exactly what they bid for. Worthy also pre-screens all the buyers to prevent any fraud.
Worthy is a member of BBB (Better Business Bureau) and NYC Department of Consumer Affairs and have partnered with FedEx, ParcelPro and Hanover Insurance for safe and secure shipments.
Worthy does not charge you any fees for working with them until the item is sold. Worthy charges a fee according to the sale value of the item:
Transaction Value Fees
- Up to $5,000 – 22%
- $5,001 to $50,000 – 15%
- $50,001 to $250,000 – 10%
- Above $250,001 – 5%
Worthy also offers you the option of “Quick Sale” which gives you an immediate offer for your items which may sell for a higher price when sold in bulk rather than in an individual auction.
Once Worthy’s experts value your item and determine that it will sell for a higher value with Quick Sale, you will be given an offer and if you decide to accept it, then you will receive your payment immediately.
It takes around 10 to 14 days from when your item arrives at Worthy’s facilities in order to grade it, get all the qualified bids and complete the sale. In the case of a Quick Sale, Worthy offers you a price soon after they receive the item and you can approve the offer immediately.
Before the auction, you can back out of the process as there is no obligation. However, if you agree to a reserve price offered by Worthy, then you are committed to selling your item for that price.
If the highest bid you receive is below the reserve price or you get an offer for a Quick Sale, you can decline the offer and your item will be sent back to you free of charge, fully insured.
Worthy has three convenient payment options.
- PayPal: This payment option is the fastest and the payment is usually processed in 1 working day.
- Bank Transfer: This is also quite fast and the payment gets processed within 2 working days; however, it may take longer depending on the bank.
- Check: Worthy also has an option of sending your payment via check to your doorstep which takes around 4-5 working days.
Worthy accepts the following items:
- Diamonds: All kinds of diamond jewelry such as engagement rings, necklaces, earrings and bracelets.
- Branded Watches: Luxury watches such as Cartier, Rolex, Omega, Tag Heuer, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Breitling, etc.
- Loose Diamonds
- Jewelry Boxes
- Silver Jewelry
- Antique and Vintage jewelry
Shipping and Grading
You can ship your valuables to Worthy through their secure shipping and Worthy will even have your item graded by GIA free of cost.
Worthy will auction your item on your behalf and ensure that you get the best price for your valuable item.
Safety and Trust
Worthy offers safety and trust tools that will aid you in deciding on accepting the price and ensuring that you are completely comfortable throughout the entire process.
$1 Million Protection
Every item that Worthy sells is covered by their Seller Protection Guarantee to guarantee complete peace of mind. Worthy offers 1-million-dollar protection insurance on your valuables free of cost.
Quick and Secure Payments
Worthy guarantees that you get your payments very quickly and their fast payment system ensure that you receive your payments within 2 days of approval of the sale of your item.
Worthy.com is an online marketplace to liquidate your pre-owned valuables such as jewelry, premium watches and loose diamonds. Worthy was started in the year 2014 by the investment banker, Ben De-Kalo. Worthy’s headquarters is in New York City.
De-Kalo started Worthy when he and his wife wanted to sell a diamond necklace and use the money to buy a new one. He discovered that the resale options for the necklace were quite limited.
This is when De-Kalo decided to create an online auction platform that brought together sellers and buyers for valuable items.
Worthy is the top option when it comes to selling your jewelry for the best price. These are three of the top Worthy.com alternatives:
- WP Diamonds – One of the oldest online jewelry buyers, WP Diamonds is near the top or our list of trusted companies.
- Mondiamo – Back by the major diamond seller Blue Nile, Mondiamo is a top option for selling your diamonds.
- Cash for Diamonds USA – The site is dated and looks a little jenky, but Cash for Diamonds has one of the fastest turn around times for paying you.
- It is an easy and quick way to make money by selling your valuable jewelry for the best price.
- Each piece of jewelry auctioned off by Worthy has a GIA or IGI certification and even if your jewelry currently does not have one, Worthy will have it certified for you free of cost.
- Worthy offers insurance of up to $100,000 for your valuables.
- Your valuable items can be sent to Worthy via their shipping partner free of cost.
- The price that you get from Worthy for your item may not be the best compared to what you may get in the market.
- For your diamonds to be valued by GIA, the stones must be removed from the setting before grading.
Worthy Review Bottom Line
Worthy is a top company and is one of the one of the best places to sell jewelry online in the United States.
If you go through them to sell your jewelry online you will have a good experience and they will do everything possible to sell your jewelry for top dollar.