If you are looking for additional ways to earn an online income, you should consider Consumer Opinion Institute, a survey site that pays its members to answer questions about familiar products.
To help you determine if Consumer Opinion Institute is suitable for you, this review will consider how the website works, if it is legit, the payout methods, and the pros and cons of using it.
How Does Consumer Opinion Institute Work?
As a member of Consumer Opinion Institute, you will earn rewards by completing surveys that cover a wide range of products and topics. To become a member, visit their website and complete an application; signing up is free, and you can easily unsubscribe whenever you want.
The application process is straightforward and consists of a step-by-step guided system. As part of the process, you have to complete a registration survey by answering questions about your lifestyle and personal preferences.
And don’t worry—Consumer Opinion Institute will only use the information to personalize your surveys. This allows them to choose products and topics you are familiar with so you can provide accurate and specific information for their clients.
After successfully becoming a member, you will receive surveys in the mail; you may also receive a few online surveys via email, but this is not a regular occurrence. How much you earn per survey depends on its length, but even the longer ones only take around twenty minutes to complete.
After completing a survey, you have to return it in the pre-paid postage envelope that you received with the package.
Is it Legit?
Yes—this company is legitimate, but you should be aware that there are several issues with Consumer Opinion Institute.
First, it is only available to you if you live in the United States. If you live in another country, it is not possible to even apply, as they only send surveys via US Postal Mail. It is not feasible for the company to send these packages out of the country.
The earning potential with Consumer Opinion Institute is also limited, and you are not likely to receive more than two or three surveys per month. At an average of $4 per survey, you should not quit your day job to become a member of this survey site.
As we mentioned, Consumer Opinion Institute is a trustworthy paid survey site. The company includes the cash payments upfront, and the process is straightforward. There are minimal complaints about payments and, if you become a member, you can be sure to receive at least one or two surveys per month.
How Do I Get Paid?
You can earn around $2 – $5 per survey, each of which take from ten to twenty minutes to complete.
If you receive a short survey, payment will be at the lower end of the spectrum. For example, a survey that takes only five minutes to complete will earn you $2, and a survey that takes ten to twenty minutes to complete will typically pay $5.
With each survey, you will receive the cash up front. Payment arrives with the survey you receive in the mail, so you don’t have to worry about waiting to receive your money from the company after doing the work.
The Consumer Opinion Institute advance cash payout feature is a significant advantage over other paid survey sites that offer coupons, points, or gift cards. If you are looking for cold, hard cash, this platform may be an attractive option for you.
The drawback of being a member of Consumer Opinion Institute is that earning potential is limited; however, if you are willing to do quick tasks to have a little extra cash available, Consumer Opinion Institute may be ideal.
Consumer Opinion Institute was founded in 2012 and is owned by TMS, a prominent player in the market research landscape.
The company’s objective is to provide its clients with accurate information so that they can make informed decisions about their marketing and product development strategies.
By completing surveys for Consumer Opinion Institute, you make an invaluable contribution to the company’s analytics and the increased value it can then provide to its clients.
- Toluna – Housing surveys for teenagers and adults, Toluna Surveys is one of the most respected companies in the industry.
- Panda Surveys – With a top option for referring other users, Panda Research is a great option for surveys and those who have friends who want to take them.
- American Consumer Opinion – A great site for younger earners, American Consumer Opinion allows even teenagers to take surveys.
- Completing surveys is a straightforward process
- The application process is quick and non-intrusive
- You receive cash up front for each survey
- You don’t have to redeem vouchers or points
- Completing surveys take twenty minutes or less
- No online privacy or security issues
- No problems relating to payment
- You have to live in the United States to become a member
- Payments are limited to $5 per survey
- You only receive two or three surveys to complete per month
- Getting in contact with Consumer Opinion Institute’s customer service can be a challenge
- You receive the surveys via physical mail and not email
- Returning the surveys via US Postal Mail can be inconvenient and cumbersome
- You will not earn enough as a member to make a living
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to earn $5 to $15 per month, subscribing to Consumer Opinion Institute may be worth your while. However, if you don’t like the added annoyance of dealing with physical mail, you may want to consider another option.
Leave a Reply