Green Chef is a relatively new meal kit delivery service with a focus on organic and sustainable food delivered directly to you.
I have become a fan of using the top meal kit delivery services because they make it much easier for my busy family to eat healthier and more exotic meals from home. While Green Chef is a new player in this market, they have come with an interesting angle that some of the larger companies are not servicing.
How Does Green Chef Work?
Now you can cook fantastic dinners every day for your family with the help of carefully-crafted, step-by-step recipes using premium organic ingredients that have been selected carefully and pre-measured by Green Chef.
With the Green Chef meal kit subscription service, now you can enjoy restaurant-like meals at home, which are super easy and fast to cook. And, the best part is that you need not spend a lot of time hunting for recipes, planning the meals or shopping around for groceries. Green Chef does all this for you and more in a few simple steps.
Once you sign up with Green Chef, you can select if you want to cook for 2 or 4 people. If you decide on the meal for 2, you have an option of choosing from a wide range of 7 programs customized for different diets. Or, if you decide on the 4-person plan. You can choose from 2 family meal plans that are kid-friendly too.
The deliveries are made weekly and are made in a refrigerated and insulated box to ensure that the ingredients remain fresh, even if the order is delivered while you’re not at home. All the ingredients are portioned as per the recipe so that the food wastage is reduced.
The meal kit includes meat, seasonal produce and Green Chef’s signature marinades, spice blends and sauces. The recipes that are curated by the in-house chef are easy-to-follow. The recipes come along with step-by-step preparation instructions, photos and chef’s tips and you can have your meals ready in under 30 minutes.
Green Chef delivers to almost all cities in the US except Hawaii, Alaska and some parts of Louisiana and deliveries are made Monday through Friday, except on weekends.
Green Chef takes its role of being “green” very seriously and makes all efforts to educate people about reducing food waste. Also, all the packaging and boxes used by Green Chef for their food deliveries are reusable or recyclable.
Types of Meals Available
Green Chef offers a plethora of menu options, especially if you are on a special diet and you can choose from a plethora of plans – omnivore, carnivore, vegetarian, vegan, keto, Paleo and gluten-free.
- Omnivore Plan: If you love variety, then Green Chef’s omnivore menu has a choice of seafood, meat and vegetarian menus. Additionally, you also have the option of choosing the proteins.
- Carnivore Plan: Love your meats? Then the carnivore menu with meat and seafood, which includes 2 land proteins and 1 seafood per week along with plenty of vegetables is just the menu for you.
- Gluten-Free Plan: The gluten-free menu consists of 2 seafood or meat dinners and 1 veggie dinner every week.
- Vegan Plan: The vegan menu from Green Chef comprises the innovative plant-based menu which uses specialty, all-natural ingredients, in-house pre-made sauces, cashew cheese, etc.
- Paleo Plan: The menu consists of fresh produce and rich dairy and does not contain grains, dairy, dried legumes or processed foods.
- Vegetarian Plan: The uniquely designed vegetarian menu will surely entice your taste buds with dinners you will love.
- Keto Plan: This menu consists of meals which are low carb and gluten-free but are still tasty and delicious.
The Family Carnivore and Omnivore meals consist of dinners that your entire family and your kids are sure to love. Every recipe included in these plans are very easy and quick to prepare.
All the ingredients have been carefully chosen by Green Chef, which is a USDA certified. Like Butcher Box which focuses on organic sources of meat, the ingredients for Green Chef are organic and are of the highest quality from clean, wholesome and sustainable sources. They are GMO-free and are free of other harmful pesticides, antibiotics, steroids, growth hormones, sludge, etc. The produce used in all the Green Chef meals are all handpicked, the spices are from natural sources and the meat is of the topmost quality. Now, you can have not only tasty but healthy food too.
You get a separate menu every week for each program and the recipes in the plan are preset. While you may not be able to choose the recipes, you can decide if you want to receive the next delivery or skip it if you do not like the dishes on the menu.
Pricing and Delivery Options
You can opt for the monthly or bi-weekly plan. However, you can cancel your subscription anytime you wish or make any changes to it. Green Chef has an extremely flexible delivery schedule and allows you to choose your delivery month, week and day. You can change your meal plan, skip a week or get your deliveries every week or every 2 or 4 weeks, as you require it.
Number of Dinners: 3 per week
Number of People: 2 (total of 6 meals per week)
Cost Per Meal
- Carnivore: $11.99 per meal
- Omnivore: $11.99 per meal
- Vegan: $11.99 per meal
- Vegetarian: $11.99 per meal
- Gluten-Free: $11.99 per meal
- Keto: $12.99 per meal
- Paleo: $12.99 per meal
Number of Dinners: 2 (for a family of 4)
Number of People: 4 (total of 8 meals per week)
Cost Per Meal
- Family Carnivore: $10.99 per meal
- Family Omnivore: $10.99 per meal
$5.99 is charged for shipping and handling per box
Promotions and Discounts
It seems that the meal kit delivery services have bought in big on offering a discount for your first box or series of boxes and Green Chef is no different. The current Green Chef promotion is:
Green Chef was founded in the year 2014 by Michael Joseph, Dan Yue and Ling Xiao and is located in Denver, Colorado. Green Chef provides meal kits containing high-quality, organic ingredients for healthy and tasty meals in Central and Western US.
Green Chef delivers its products to California, Colorado, Arizona, Idaho, Wyoming, Missouri, Montana, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and Utah and also to smaller places like North Dakota, Illinois, Oregon and Arkansas.
- Green Chef is a USDA-certified organic company that makes use of organic and wholesome ingredients for all its recipes.
- Delicious recipes that are crafted by the in-house chefs.
- 7 different meal plans catering to different diets.
- Includes 3 gluten-free meal plans that are also certified.
- You can have your meal cooked within 30 minutes with all the semi-prepped ingredients.
- Meals include signature sauces, spices and marinades.
- Excellent flexibility and you can choose the delivery as per your convenience.
- The family plan has only 2 menu plans.
- You can only choose from the various meal plans that are available but cannot choose the recipes.
Green Chef has a robust offering of meals for people who are looking for meals for individuals and couples. Their certification by the USDA as an organic company sets them apart as one of the top options for organic food delivered directly to your home.
If you are looking to go the organic route, then giving Green Chef a try is a great way to go.
Leave a Reply