Shaving supplies can get very expensive, but shaving subscriptions have risen up to help people cut those costs.
ShaveMOB has become one of the more popular service, with their focus on high quality razors and low prices.
How Does ShaveMOB Work?
Whether you are male or female, most of us need to shave regularly.
This means paying for razors, replacement blades, handles, shaving cream, and more. While this expenditure seems not too big initially, it tends to snowball into a decent chunk of your monthly or biannual budget. This is where ShaveMOB may prove to be a godsend for you.
ShaveMOB is an online platform that offers a variety of high-quality men’s and women’s razors. The cost of these razors is almost 70% less than the price of retail options.
These stainless steel beauties are packaged and shipped to your doorstep without you having to deal with any recurring monthly shipments.
ShaveMob has conducted extensive consumer testing to ensure that their razors work just as well as the other brands available in the market. Of course, they have an edge because of their impressive pricing.
The razors can be ordered on the ShaveMOB website in a few easy steps. First, you have to select the razor of your choice. After this, you will have to decide what option of supply works best for you. Each month’s supply translates to 2 razors being sent to you.
You can choose between the 2-month, 6-month, or the 12-month supply on the website to avail the best possible discount available in the market.
The products will be shipped to you all at once, and you can place another order when you have finished using the existing razors. ShaveMOB, however, will send you an email to remind you that it is time to order new ones but not renew the order on its own.
ShaveMOB has three different options of blades available for both men and women. They are all priced differently. You can find them below:
The Baby Face Men’s Razor
This is a razor made up of three stainless steel precision-cut blades. It comes with a pivoting head, a lubricating strip with aloe, vitamin E, and chamomile, along with a good quality handle. You can purchase this for almost $1 for every cartridge if you order a 12-month supply.
The Average Joe Men’s Razor
This razor has four blades and is equipped with a lubricating strip containing chamomile, olive oil, and allantoin. The razor has non-clogging properties and a great blade design. It can be bought for $1.25 per cartridge if you order a 12-month supply.
The Caveman Men’s Razor
The most expensive option for men’s razors is the six blades variant that allows for the closest shave possible.
In addition to the lubricating strip of the Average Joe, you also get the option of a trimmer blade. The price is about $1.5 per cartridge for the non-trimmer version and just over $1.65 for the trimmer version if you buy a full year’s supply.
The Practical Women’s Razor
This has three stainless steel precision-cut blades with a lubricating strip that has chamomile, olive oil, and allantoin. The razor includes a pivoting head and can be purchased for about $1 per cartridge with the 12-month supply.
The Purist Women’s Razor
Similar to the practical, but is equipped with four steel blades instead of three. You can buy it for $1.21 per cartridge if you order a year’s supply together.
The Perfectionist Women’s Razor
The top model has six blades and comes with the option of a flexible head.
The lubricating strip in this variant has the benefits of vitamin E, aloe, and lavender oil. The price of this razor is $1.42 per cartridge for the version without a flexible head and just over $1.62 for the flexible head version if you buy a full year’s supply.
The company also promises discounts on future orders if you refer your friends to ShaveMOB.
Types of Products
ShaveMOB offers a variety of products on their website. These can be divided into the men’s shaving and women’s shaving category. You can pick products that suit your needs from this wide range.
- Shave Sets – These are sets of men’s razors that come with both the blade and the handle. The blades come in the three options mentioned before – The Baby Face, The Average Joe, and The Caveman. The handle is a simple black one.
- Replacement Blades – If you still have your handle and it’s in good shape, you can order replacement blades from the three options.
- Replacement Handles – If you need a new handle to replace the one that you already own, you can buy a replacement handle for $3.
- Shaving Cream – The company also offers a men’s tea tree shaving cream to use with the ShaveMOB razors. The product comes in a TSA-approved 3.4 oz bottle and can be used with a brush or without.
- Shave Sets – You can buy shave sets that come with a blade and a handle. You can choose the blade from the three women’s blade options mentioned before – The Practical, The Purist, and The Perfectionist. The handle is a simple pink one.
- Replacement Blades – If you need just the razor blades, you can order them from the website.
- Replacement Handles – If the handle of your razor needs to be changed, you do not need to buy a full shave set. Click on the ‘Replacement Handles’ option and buy one for $3.
ShaveMOB was officially launched in 2013 by Nick Yorchak and Zachary W. Randall. With its headquarters in Denver, Colorado, the company aims to change the way people in the United States feel about the supply of their shaving needs.
The next step is to discover how these needs can be met in the most cost-effective way possible.
The company’s main objective is to help consumers who are tired of paying too much for razors, giving them the option of exclusive, good quality blades straight from the ShaveMOB website. There are no membership costs or monthly fees, and the razors are shipped to your door.
The company acquired 800Razors, a US-based personal care products company, in August 2016, eliminating one of its main competitors. The acquisition is a step towards driving further e-commerce growth for ShaveMOB by expanding the company’s customer base and brand equity.
Harry’s Shave Club – Harry’s has gone from unknown to one of the top razor subscription services.
Gillette On Demand – Gillette decided to not let the market share they once carried go without a fight.
Flamingo Razors – Flamingo is a razor designed specifically for women and their shaving needs.
- 100% Recycled Packaging – The low impact packaging will make your environmentally-conscious side thank you for caring about waste management.
- No Automatic Renewal – The company won’t just keep sending you razors that you don’t need. Only order the amount you will use to avoid any wastage.
- Free Shipping – The company offers free shipping in the contiguous United States, which means everywhere in the country except Alaska and Hawaii.
- Track the Package at Every Step – You can keep tracking the package that contains your order. This means the chance of losing your order or razors or delay in shipment are reduced considerably.
- Better Refund Policy Than Most Competitors – Most razor companies do not allow any return or refund policy once razors have been purchased. ShaveMOB’s customer service, however, assesses each case of problems with the razors to decide whether or not the case is genuine and then takes a call.
- Limits to Shipping – If you want the products to be shipped to Hawaii or Alaska, you will have to pay a $2 flat fee in addition to the cost of your package.
ShaveMOB Review Final Thoughts
Shave MOB has positioned themselves as the discount leader for subscription services.
While they are 70% less expensive than what you can find in the grocery stores and pharmacies, they are closer to the norm of what you will find across the different top razor subscription services.
If their prices for razors work for your budget you are sure to like the quality.
Leave a Reply