Sustainable isn’t the word that comes to mind when you receive packages filled with insulation and food package in a bunch of plastic.
However, Sun Basket is doing their best to provide sustainably sourced organic meals to all of its subscribers.
How Does Sun Basket Work?
When it comes to food delivery, rarely does the word sustainable come to your mind. Sun Basket is that respite in the sea of curated home-delivered fixes that not only promises quality but offers some of the most organic, Earth-friendly services.
Sure, taste is of supreme importance but Sun Basket takes its services one step further and has revolutionized the way we not only devour food, but also understand it.
Because of this highly specialized approach, especially in an age of additives, preservatives and stabilizers, Sun Basket’s services are more than just about food delivery. It’s about understanding and respecting what food really is.
Let’s look at the different ways Sun Basket works:
- Sun Basket is a certified service that offers organic products and packaging in order to promote 100% organic sourcing.
- The days of worrying about hormone-injected dairy products are gone, for Sun Basket offers some of the most quality-based antibiotic and hormone-free dairy products such as meat and eggs.
- When it comes to seafood, preservatives are a far cry since all their fishes are wild caught. Additionally, every ounce of dairy product is certified by the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Program.
- Sun Basket meals are developed by the award-winning chef as well as Sun Basket founder, Justine Kelly.
- The service caters to the now rising devotees of diet programs such as Paleo, lean and clean, vegan, Mediterranean and gluten-free, among others.
- It offers not just organic but seasonal ingredients too, in keeping with the sustainable model that has spurred their growth so far.
- Since a sustainable model is something they have strictly adhered to, the company ensures that the organic process goes beyond just ingredients. Welcome to the world of recyclable packaging that is also conducive to composting.
Get $20 off your first four deliveries with Sun Basket>>
Sun Basket allows the customer to choose between two main menus – Classic Menu and the Family Menu.
The Classic Menu comes packed options of 18 recipes each week, which includes all the meal plans. While there are three recipes per week, every serve is for two to four persons. Priced at $11.99, this menu is more ideal in case one wants more choices in terms of meals.
The Family Menu is more pocket-friendly in terms of provisions for six family-centric recipes every week. Ranging from two to four recipes per week and with recipe choices of up to six (which includes Chef’s Choice meal plan and vegetarian plan), this menu is priced at $10.99 and is highly rated for its value.
Types of Meals Available
Sun Basket ensures that your sustainable, organic meals are more than just a dry affair. Not only are those meals customized according to the seasonal ingredients but it also comprises high-quality foods and in-house sauces with rich, natural textures. Let’s look at the different meal plans you can opt for:
Chef’s Choice Meal Plan
The Chef’s Choice option allows the customer to pick from a gamut of sustainable produce and organic ingredients, along with meats and seafood that adhere to a very strict, responsible form of harvesting.
It has up to 18 weekly recipes, which can be customized or skipped according to your convenience, or even altered to fit in your protein requirements. The meals are additionally approved by a team of in-house dieticians and comprise a variety of tastes and textures that is conducive to a global taste.
Additionally, the calorie count of this plan is approximately 550-800 per serving, along with around 20 grams of protein and good fat such as omega-3 in the form of olives, seeds, nuts and avocados.
Paleo Diet Meal Plan
In consonance to the widely accepted rules of the Paleo diet, this meal plan not only packs in the best recipes and ingredients but also ensures that every bite gives you an adrenaline kick for the day. This plan comprises the one very important aspect of proteins along with organic ingredients and hormone-, gluten-, grain-, soy-, dairy- and sugar-free components. Add to it the in-house texture-full sauces to pump up the dishes.
Lean and Clean Meal Plan
Purely curated to aid your weight loss, this program has three simple philosophies – clean eating, adrenaline-pumping and simple meals. The calorie conscious need not starve themselves. In this case, the clean ingredients are paired with the in-house signature sauces to add a dash of adventure to the palate.
Mediterranean Meal Plan
A diet that has widely caught on in the United States, the Mediterranean meal plan brings together the richness of the region’s cuisine while keeping together the organic aesthetics. This primarily plant-based meal is aimed at keeping the meals clean yet cater to a more rich palate.
The story of Sun Basket is a very simple one. Award-winning chef Justine Kelly’s primary agenda in creating a rich yet healthy palate comes straight from her own home. The fact that she had her first lessons at weeknight dinners with her family soon progressed to cooking for her daughter after school time. The answer to how to cook is a very simple one – one that is a confluence of nutrition, flavors, textures as well as inspirations.
Get stared witih $20 off Sun Basket>>
Peach Dish – The only meal kit subscription with a focus on Southern food, PeachDish provides healthy and delicious options.
Dinnerly – Known for having a low cost to each of their meals, Dinnerly is a great way to get started with subscription meals.
Freshly – With gluten free options and a weekly change to their menu, Freshly is a solid choice for your meal kit service.
Among the many benefits one reaps from Sun Basket is the fact that the customer gets more than what they ordered.
- Food is organic
- All food is from sustainable sources
- Humane harvest methods for all meats
- Partners with local farmers who have pioneered the crop rotation system and effective utilization of water.
- You have a variety of options for many diets
- More cost effective than similar meals at a restaurant
- No gluten-free specific products
- No gluten-free preparation
Sun Basket Review Bottom Line
Meal kits are becoming a great way to feed your family for less than eating out and faster than doing everything on your own.
Sun Basket is unique in that they focus on organic and sustainable sources for their food. While they may not do too well for the gluten sensitive, they are a top service and are worth considering.
Leave a Reply