Looking for an effective way to protect your credit information and prevent identity theft?
Equifax ID Patrol might be the answer you are looking for.
How Does Equifax ID Patrol Work?
Equifax, one of the top three consumer credit reporting agencies in the U.S., offers Equifax ID Patrol. Over 60 million Americans have been affected by identity theft as of 2018, and Equifax ID Patrol is designed to protect clients against this growing threat.
Equifax ID Patrol’s protection is limited to mostly credit card fraud. This is unlike other ID theft protection companies that cover a larger scope, such as protection for personal data and online activities.
But this can be a good thing because focusing on one element enables Equifax to provide the best possible security for your credit information and transactions.
With Equifax’s ID Patrol, you can view your credit report and history from not just Equifax, but also TransUnion and Experian. You can request a credit report as many times as you like with this tool.
If there are any sudden, significant, or suspicious changes or use of your credit information, ID Patrol immediately notifies you. This quick response allows you to take appropriate action promptly to protect yourself.
Depending on your budget or goals, you can choose from one of Equifax ID Patrol’s three subscription plans – The Family Plan, Premier Plan, and Advantage Plan.
- The Family Plan costs $29.95 and covers two adults and up to four minors.
- The Advantage Plan costs $17.95 and covers just one individual. It offers many of the same features as the Family Plan.
- The Premiere Plan costs $19.95 and covers just one individual, but offers more features than the Advantage Plan. For instance, you’ll be able to lock and unlock your Equifax Credit Report and receive notifications if your personal information is being used online.
ID Theft Protection Details
Equifax ID Patrol is backed by Equifax, a major U.S. credit bureau. By subscribing to Equifax ID Patrol, you receive unlimited access to credit reports and real-time alerts anytime there’s a suspicious or unauthorized activity with your credit information.
Once you receive an alert, additional steps will be required before you can access credit facilities with your personal information. The fraud alert feature allows you to act fast and minimize or even prevent loss or damages.
Equifax ID Patrol also provides various insurance and restoration services, making this product a wise choice for fraud prevention and recovery. With Equifax ID Patrol, you also have access to Equifax Replacement Services, and a dedicated caseworker will assist you with fraud resolution and restoration.
Depending on which Equifax ID Patrol plan you choose, the following features and protection are available:
- 24/7 credit file monitoring and immediate alerts if changes are made to your Equifax, Transunion, or Experian credit files, or your credit card and bank account balances.
- Privacy monitoring and protection, which monitors your personal information on the internet and alerts you if that information is being used on suspicious websites
- Monitors your child’s Equifax credit file and alerts you if there are suspicious changes or other activities
- Sends you a report containing your credit score and profile from Equifax, Transunion, or Experian every 12 months
- Allows you to request a credit report as many times as you like
- Allows you to lock and unlock your Equifax Credit Report if you suspect potential fraud
- A lender fraud alert feature that requires merchants and lenders to verify your identity before extending credit or approving a loan.
Equifax is the parent company of Equifax ID Patrol and is among the United States’ three largest consumer credit reporting companies. Equifax ID Patrol is also backed by the two other large consumer credit reporting companies – Transunion and Experian.
Equifax ID Patrol has been a trusted partner for credit fraud recovery for years. But public trust in Equifax was shaken in 2017 after news about the Equifax security breach came to light. It was one of the worst security hacks in U.S. history, resulting in the theft of the private information of over 100 million Americans.
The information stolen during the breach included social security numbers and credit card details. Since the incident, the company has recorded significant success in restoring its reputation. A lot of that success is thanks to Equifax ID Patrol, which lets clients avoid data theft and credit fraud, and helps them recover quickly and easily in the event of a breach.
Equifax is still regarded as one of the leading U.S. credit reporting companies in the country.
- Zander Identity Protection – Promoted by the Dave Ramsey Show, Zander provides an affordable ID Theft option.
- TrueIdentity – One of the few services that offers free ID theft protection with limited features.
- IdentityForce – One of the top performing ID Theft services available.
- The product is backed by the three largest U.S. credit bureaus, including Equifax
- Access to 24/7 Equifax customer support and identity theft specialists
- Customers are eligible to receive $1 million in identity theft insurance to cover recovery expenses of credit fraud or identity theft.
- Victims of fraud get a dedicated caseworker to answer questions and help them recover
- Unlimited access to Equifax credit reports
- The product is more about preventing credit fraud and less about preventing the loss or theft of other personal data
- There’s no option for a free trial
Equifax ID Patrol Final Thoughts
If you want full, comprehensive protection that covers your general online activity and other personal data, this might not be the product for you.
If your primary focus is an effective product for monitoring and securing your credit and bank details, Equifax ID Patrol makes for a great choice.