ID theft protection has continued to be a hot topic with many more large corporations getting hacked and information being stolen.
But which company do you choose? This review of PrivacyGuard will provide you with everything you need to know about the company to make a solid decision.
How Does Privacy Guard Work?
Privacy Guard primarily offers identity protection, which also includes credit reporting and monitoring services. It provides its members access to the monthly credit reports and your credit scores from the three credit bureaus TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian.
You can get started with Privacy Guard very easily and quickly. The process is straightforward, and all you need to do is fill out a form on the website. You can either pay immediately for a monthly membership, or you can try Private Guard’s trial offer for 14 days for just $1 to check out the services.
Once your Privacy Guard account is set up, it will find the relevant information immediately that is required to provide the service. It will then starts scanning for any suspicious or illegal activity regarding your credit or identity.
Privacy Guard makes use of the CreditXpert model, which is an educational score to determine your general credit health. However, the actual credit scores used by creditors are different. If you notice any discrepancies or errors in your credit report, then you can send your dispute via the Private Guard dashboard directly.
This is especially useful because the credit reports from each of the credit reports have different information. The ability to identify any discrepancies and send disputes to the three bureaus directly is a huge plus.
Privacy Guard also sends you an alert via email or SMS. You will receive an alert about any credit additions that occur to your file, and this is an excellent method that can enable you to spot any fraud.
Since Privacy Guard is mainly an identity protection service, the services offered by Privacy Guard in this area is quite good. It helps by:
- Monitoring your personal information
- Tracking public databases and records
- Replacing stolen or lost cards
- Resolving any issues that are related to identity theft
And, in the case you become a victim of credit fraud or identity theft, Privacy Guard works to minimize the impact and also helps you to recover your losses. Privacy Guard offers up to $1 million in insurance to cover the costs and damages related to identity recovery.
Privacy Guard pairs you with a dedicated expert who will help in the complex process of restoring your identity, including interacting with the credit bureaus, contacting banks, etc.
You can try the Privacy Guard services for 14 days at only $1. If you do not cancel the membership within 14 days of the trial period, you will be charged a fee of $19.99 per month until you cancel your membership.
There are three plans available:
Privacy Guard ID Protection
- Cost: $9.99 (per month after 14 days)
- Services Include:
- Dedicated Support for ID Fraud Resolution
- Monitoring of ID Verification
- Black Market Surveillance
- SSN (Social Security Number) Event Tracker
- Scan of Online Directory
- Monitoring of Public Records
- Annual Public Records report
- Online Fraud Assistance
- Lost & Stolen Assistance
- ID Theft Insurance of $1Million
- Reduced Credit Card Offers (Pre-approved)
Privacy Guard Credit Protection
- Cost: $19.99 (per month after 14 days)
- Services Include:
- Credit Reports and Scores from 3 Bureaus
- 24×7 Credit Monitoring
- Credit Score Tracking (Monthly)
- Financial Calculator Suite
- Credit Scores Simulator
- Hotline for Credit Information
Privacy Guard Total Protection
- Cost: $24.99 (per month after 14 days)
- Includes all the features of Privacy Guard ID Protection and Privacy Guard ID Credit Protection plans.
Credit Reports & Score
Privacy Guard provides a view of your credit history from loans, credit cards, collections, and other personal information. And, it also gives you a credit report from all three credit bureaus, TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian.
Privacy Guard also gives you your credit score and your CreditXpert Credit Scores in a few seconds. These scores show the condition of your overall financial health.
3-Bureau Credit Monitoring
Privacy Guard monitors your credit across all three bureaus, which enables you to determine if there are any discrepancies or suspicious activity in your credit reports.
Score Tracking and Alerts
The Experian Scorex Plus tracks your credit score every month. You can set your alerts for credit scores and get notifications in case of any changes in your credit scores or credit milestones.
Privacy Guard enables and aids you to understand the basics of your credit report, credit score, and credit history. All three are vital factors of your financial health and are used to teach you how to make optimal decisions to your benefit.
Hotline for Credit Information
You can get toll-free support from experts who will help you to understand your credit report and also help in filing any credit disputes.
Credit Dispute Assistance
Privacy Guard helps to ensure that all your credit reports are updated and also assist in disputing any discrepancies in your credit files.
Identity Theft Protection and Resolution
Privacy Guard offers support in the situation that your identity gets compromised. And if you, unfortunately, become a victim of identity fraud, Privacy Guard offers personalized support that will help to reinstate your identity.
The Privacy Guard customer support is available on the phone or via email from 9 am to 8 pm from Monday to Friday and on Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm. The Privacy Guard website provides a lot of useful information on identity theft and credit.
PrivacyGuard is hardly the only ID theft company on the market. Three of its top competitors include:
- Identity IQ – With one of the more affordable plans, Identity IQ is a great option.
- Identity Force – One of the older companies available, IdentityForce has a long reputation.
- ID Shield – With a $5 million service guarantee, IDShield backs up its claims.
- Your credit reports are updated every month.
- If there is a discrepancy or error on your credit report, a dispute can be sent directly via the Privacy Guard dashboard.
- Monitors all the three credit bureaus and gives you your credit reports and credit scores.
- Offers you a 14-day trial for just $1.
- The service offers identity theft recovery guidance.
- Privacy Guard offers insurance of 1 million dollars.
- Privacy Guard does not have a free credit score option.
- There is no mobile app for Android or iOS offered by Privacy Guard; however, you can access the online dashboard via your mobile device.
- Privacy Guard does not offer identity protection for kids.
- Due to several customer complaints regarding the poor quality, billing issues, and long waiting times, the support service of Privacy Guard has got a poor reputation.
- Does not offer lost wallet assistance.
PrivacyGuard Company Information
- Website – https://www.privacyguard.com
- Address – 6 High Ridge Park, Stamford, CT 06905
- Phone – (800) 374-8273