Have you ever wondered if there is a reliable way to earn rewards online? Have you ever wanted to be rewarded for giving your opinion?
Fortunately for you, Harris Poll Online can help. By taking surveys and giving your feedback, you can earn prize redeemable points.
This review of Harris Poll Online will explain how to earn gift cards and other rewards by giving your opinion.
How Does Harris Poll Work?
Harris Poll Online conducts surveys to collect the opinions of the participants on common topics. Then, based on the survey, the participants are given rewards like gift cards to specific retailers.
The primary eligibility criteria to participate in the online surveys conducted by Harris Poll is that the candidate should be a legal resident of either the United States or Canada. The participant also needs to be 13 years or older, making Harris one of the top survey sites for teens.
To become a panel member, the user needs to sign up on the Harris Poll Online website using their first and last name and their email address for verification. Only one member can register per email address.
Once the user registers on the website, they start receiving invitation links to various surveys that they will need to take in order to receive reward points. Harris Poll runs on a points-based system, where the participant is rewarded certain ‘HIpoints’ after the completion of the survey.
The panel will send the links to the surveys via email. Alternatively, members can log into their account on the portal and scout for available surveys.
Before taking a survey, the participant is asked several preliminary questions to determine their suitability for the survey. Once the participant qualifies, they are directed to the real survey.
The questions asked in the qualification step may be different from the ones in the real survey. Therefore, it’s not guaranteed that a participant will be able to complete the survey based on the preliminary questions.
However, every survey entered makes the members eligible for the sweepstakes contest held by Harris Poll every business quarter. Even if the member is disqualified, he or she will still be eligible for the sweepstakes, which is encouraging to the survey takers.
The more questions a member answers, the chance that they will be matched to a suitable open survey becomes higher.
How Do I Get Paid?
The portal works on a points-based system. Therefore, there are no cash rewards for completing the surveys.
Once the survey is completed, the participant receives the maximum amount reward points available for that survey, which will be shown prior to taking the survey.
The more surveys you take, the more reward points you’ll be able to accumulate. Usually, the points are immediately credited into the member account after the survey is completed. It might take up to 24 hours on certain occasions.
The reward points, called as HIpoints, can then be redeemed for various gift cards from retailers like Starbucks, Amazon, Walmart, etc. As well as other coupons from the reward catalog uploaded in the rewards section of the website.
The HIpoints can be also be redeemed to purchase physical goods from the rewards catalog. In the case of gift cards, you’ll receive an e-coupon by email. There are no hidden costs in the case that you order physical merchandise, and all the shipping charges are handled by Harris Poll Online.
The members can also choose not to redeem the points and let them accumulate. However, the HIpoints will expire if there hasn’t been any account activity in the span of 12 months.
This means that at least one survey needs to be completed before every 12 months to keep the account and the reward points active.
One of the oldest survey portals in the industry, Harris Poll Online is a popular online survey website that you can use to earn quick rewards such as gift cards. It is operated by the market research organization, The Harris Panel, which is a part of the Harris Interactive Group.
The Harris Panel has been in business for the last 45 years and is renowned in the market research and consultancy domain. It uses several methods apart from online surveys to conduct its research.
Some of these methods are, the creation of focus groups, holding in-person interviews, using chat rooms for research, email/telephonic surveys and more.
Surveys conducted are mostly about popular and commonly discussed topics like politics and other important focus areas. The results collected by the company are often published by several media outlets.
The registered office of the organization is located in New York.
Is Harris Poll Online Legit?
Harris Poll Online has been in business for 45 years, and has a reputable name in the industry, due to the company behind it, The Harris Panel. Therefore, the credibility of the online survey portal is significantly established.
To further judge the legitimacy of the online survey portal, it should be noted that The Harris Panel is a member of several accreditation organizations. These include, the National Council of Public Polls (NCPP), Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO), Council for Marketing and Opinion Research (CMOR) and the European Society for Opinion & Marketing Research (ESOMAR).
Harris Poll Online follows the code of conduct laid by these firms.
Being in business for over four decades, along with being a member of a wide array of rating organizations, lead to an established authenticity of the online survey portal, Harris Poll Online.
- Reliable: Harris Poll Online is one of the most popular and legitimate online survey portals, making it a viable service if you want to earn some rewards.
- Secure: To ensure that your personal information is secure and no one else hacks into your account, the portal uses two-factor authentication. To access your account, you’ll receive a unique code via your US phone number. It will then be entered to validate your authenticity.
- No Hidden Costs: There are no hidden charges when you redeem reward points for merchandise or gift cards.
- Free Registration: Members do not need to pay anything to register and start taking surveys for free money.
- Timely Payout: HIpoints are credited into the account within minutes of survey completion and can be redeemed at point by the user.
- Take Surveys On-the-Go: Harris Poll Online has a mobile app that is available on both iOS and Android. The panel members can participate in surveys and check their reward points right from their mobile devices.
- No Cash Rewards: The points earned cannot be redeemed for cash. There is a fixed rewards catalog from which the members can choose to purchase either physical merchandise or e-coupons that can be used with various retailers.
- Tough Selection: Unless the user is able to clear all of the preliminary questions and the initial selection process for the survey, they will not qualify for the survey.
- Limited Surveys: As per user reviews, a maximum of 4 to 5 surveys were available for completion a month, which takes away from the service’s convenience as a side income.
Harris Poll Online Review Final Thoughts
Harris Poll Online is one of the top credible and established online polling sites. Offering gift cards and other various rewards in exchange for your feedback, the service is available to legal residents of the United States and Canada who are 13 years or older.
The service’s free registration gives people the opportunity to search for surveys that they are qualified to complete. Harris Poll Online’s reward points can be saved up and redeemed with no extra fees; however, the points will expire if an account has been inactive for 12 months.
Harris Poll Online is a popular and reliable service that you can use to earn rewards by giving your opinion.