Looking for an effective and affordable product to protect you and your family against identity theft?
MetLife Defender might be the solution you need.
In this review, we’ll be looking at how MetLife Defender works, its plans and cost, and other information you need to determine if this is the protection product for you.
How Does MetLife Defender Work?
MetLife Defender is an identity theft protection product that offers plans for individual protection and families.
It uses patented technology to monitor how and where an individual’s data is used online. If it is used in a suspicious manner or any other way that increases the risk of identity theft, you will be alerted and preventive measures executed.
Aside from its impressive digital technology for monitoring clients’ financial data and more, MetLife Defender also has a team of highly-skilled cybersecurity experts that protect clients 24/7 against various online attacks.
We were especially impressed by MetLife’s Cyberbullying Detection service, which is an uncommon feature among similar protection providers.
If you suspect that your child is a victim of cyberbullying, this service helps by detecting bullying behavior patterns occurring on their social media pages. MetLife immediately reports any suspicious activities to you alongside recommendations on how to best protect your child.
MetLife also protects your children from identity theft, which is a problem far more rampant than you think. Unlike with an adult, identity theft of a minor may not be discovered until years later when they are old enough to use their social security number for a credit or loan application.
MetLife protects against such by monitoring the internet for patterns indicating your child’s social security number or other sensitive information is being used, and will immediately notify you.
You can also rely on MetLife Defender for its Cyber Predator Protection, which protects children against adults trying to contact them via social media.
MetLife Defender offers two plans – one for individuals, and another for individuals who want protection for themselves and their family.
- The Individual Plan – $22.95 per month, protects one adult. Only people who are 18 years or older can purchase this service.
- The Family Plan – $45.95 per month, covers two adults and every child in that family under the age of 26.
The Family Plan is one of the most comprehensive at its price and is a great value.
ID Theft Protection Details
MetLife Defender’s identity theft protection services monitor the online use of your sensitive data 24/7.
By keeping a constant eye on how and where your information is used, you have the opportunity to take appropriate preventive measures the moment any suspicious activity occurs. It’s a smart way to minimize the risk, damage, and expense of an identity theft incident.
MetLife Defender protects you by offering the following:
- Financial data and credit data monitoring, which covers your credit and debit card activity, bank account activity, and more
- Identity and personal data protection, including the monitoring of your social media accounts for suspicious activity
- Fraud alerts, in the event of any abnormal activity with your personal information
- Assists you with freezing your credit
- Provides reimbursement insurance of up to $5 million
- Helps with resolution and restoration in the event of identity theft
- Lost wallet protection, by assisting with canceling or replacing credit and bank cards, driver’s license, passport, and other personal documents
- Peer-to-peer network monitoring, and preventing unauthorized access to personal information
- Deletes junk mail and your personal information from suspicious sites that sell personal info
- Deletes your personal information from marketing databases
- Health and medical data protection
- Child identity protection by tracking and protecting the use of your child’s social security number, medical info, and so on
- Monitors social media and other online areas for damaging photos and other data linked to you or your child
MetLife Defender is a highly-comprehensive data protection product that can be a critical security benefit for you and your family.
MetLife Insurance Company, also known as Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, is one of the largest insurance companies in the world and the parent company of MetLife Defender. The brand was established in the 1800s and has been going strong for over 150 years.
In its many years of existence, MetLife has served over 90 million customers. The company has assets worth billions of dollars and a reputation for quality and reliable identity protection services.
MetLife Defender’s headquarters are in New York, USA. The company specializes in delivering identity theft, cyber predator, and cyberbullying protection through 24/7 monitoring of your online personal, financial, and medical data.
In the event of a data breach, you’ll be promptly notified via a call, text, or email while cybersecurity experts work on restoring the safety of your identity and data.
Mcafee Identity Theft Protection – Quality service with a one month trial for $0.99
Transunion TrueIdentity – Good for free and paid levels of service.
Norton Life Lock – The biggest name in id theft protection.
Some of the most significant benefits of choosing MetLife Defender for your protection are:
- A comprehensive family plan that covers all members of your immediate family at no extra cost.
- $5 million insurance guarantee, which is far higher than what many competing companies offer
- Customer-friendly identity recovery services, which includes one year of free reports from Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion, as well as credit monitoring
- Existing MetLife home and auto insurance customers receive MetLife’s identity protection services for free
- Credit scores aren’t provided
- It’s about 10% more expensive than similar services from competitors
- MetLife Defender’s services are not available in all parts of the US, such as New Hampshire and North Carolina
- At the moment, MetLife Defender isn’t taking on new clients
MetLife Defender Review Final Thoughts
MetLife may be more expensive than other options—but peace of mind that their comprehensive family plan offers is worth the extra cost.
MetLife’s services rank it as one of the top personal data and identity theft protection companies in the US.