Opinion Bureau is a survey and opinion site which rewards points to viewers for filling in questionnaires and completing other tasks; the points can then be redeemed for cash or other rewards.
The gathered information from these surveys is then used by companies and businesses for market research and product betterment. Users can complete a range of surveys, and there are several chances to earn on this site.
How Does Opinion Bureau Work?
Opinion Bureau is simple to get started with. Users simply click the “sign up” button, and will then be taken to a form asking for key information such as name, date of birth, and email address.
A confirmation email will be sent with a link to click; doing so will complete the sign-up process. This registers you on the site and allows you to pick and choose surveys at your convenience.
All new members will benefit from a $5 bonus for creating an account. Participants from all over the world can join, though the number of surveys you are eligible for may be determined by your geographical location.
Every time Opinion Bureau has a survey they feel would be a good fit for you, they will contact you via email, allowing you to quickly access the most up-to-date surveys.
In addition, members can earn a financial incentive from referring a friend to the site—as they sign up and create a fully verified account.
Is OpinionBureau legit?
Opinion Bureau was created and is owned by Research Bureau Pvt Ltd, a legitimate market research company that uses the feedback to influence and adapt products and services for businesses across the world.
How do I get paid?
Once you have completed the registration process, you will be eligible to start filling out surveys. You can do this by logging in to see what is available, or by receiving emails from the site.
‘Payments tend to depend on the length of the survey and the time it takes the user to complete them; in general, pay-outs tend to be between $2 and $10 per survey.
In addition to completing surveys, members can also benefit from referring a friend. You will receive $2 every time a friend is verified and creates a legitimate account; this can be an easy way to earn some passive income.
The minimum threshold for cashing out is $10, and there is a range of methods available, though these are less extensive than other sites.
The most popular payment types are cash in your PayPal account or an Amazon gift-card, but there are other options such as a Starbucks gift card, Flipkart, or Freecharge.
Payments are usually received around 15 days after your cash-out has been approved, and this delay is a common issue with Opinion Bureau; some users have reported pending cash-outs for several weeks or even months, with no response to queries from the site. This is, however, covered by their Terms and Conditions, and is something of a gray area.
While there are no clear records regarding the inception of Opinion Bureau, research suggests that it was created around 2014.
It is owned by Internet Research Bureau, a market research company that has connections to similar businesses, including Lightspeed, Paradigm, and Integreon to expand their reach to users, thus helping market researchers learn more about what their consumers really want.
Opinion Bureau is a top option for paid survey users, but there are many more to consider. Three of their top competitors are:
- Low cash-out limit: There is an accessible cash-out threshold of $10; this is fairly low compared to competitors and is realistic for participants to achieve.
- High payouts: Most offering between $2 and $10 depending on complexity and length; again, this is generous compared to similar survey sites.
- Variety of reward options: While not as many as other sites, there are still several options available to get your free cash, including cash and gift cards.
- Earning options: It is possible to make money from activities other than surveys; the referral scheme is potentially lucrative and offers passive income from the site.
- Interesting surveys: Surveys tend to be varied and more interesting, with fewer repetitive questions.
- Site issues: Some users have reported issues with sign-up and log-in processes. This includes email sign-ups not registering correctly, and members being unable to log back into their account.
- Difficult survey qualification: It can be very tough to qualify for surveys. Some members have reported being invited for 4 or 5 surveys a month – a low number to start with – and only being qualified for one, or even none. This means earning potential is significantly limited.
- Pay-out issues: There appear to be significant inconsistencies and issues with pay-outs. Some users have reported waiting several months for rewards to arrive after cashing out, with no response available from the site. Others have claimed that rewards have never arrived after points have been deducted from the account balance.
- Lack of customer service: responses to queries or complaints take several months, or never arrive; this makes it hard to chase payments or rectify account issues.
Opinion Bureau Review Final Thoughts
Opinion Bureau stands out from the crowd with their high pay-out amounts and interesting survey topics, but it appears that this is where the benefits end.
Many users have struggled to redeem points while customer service broadcasts a program of radio silence, and users may lose access to their account at a moment’s notice.
This lack of consistency means that it may be better to seek an alternate, more established survey site if you want to guarantee your rewards.