Everybody loves a good deal and the feeling that you get when you pay less for a thing that you want to buy is inexplicably fun. This is where specialized websites come in to give you a better deal for your money.
One of these is BeFrugal, a web-based cashback and coupon website that aims to get you the most for your money. The company’s model is based on partnering with a large number of online retailers who want to drive traffic to their websites.
How Does BeFrugal Work?
The process of earning money through BeFrugal is pretty easy. The first step is to sign up on the website. When you visit the website and sign up, you immediately get a $10 sign up bonus.
After this, you can choose whether you want to receive cashback, fun deals on a number of items, or the coupons plus cashback option. Once you have made the selection, you can proceed to make a purchase in the same way you would through any other website.
The percentage cashback that you will be eligible for will depend on the store that you’re shopping at. The amount of cash that you have earned will reflect in your account after the purchase is made. Keep in mind that at this step, you may need to be a little patient as not all stores are quick with the payout.
Is BeFrugal Legit?
According to reports, active users of the BeFrugal website had spent over $250 million shopping on platforms related to BeFrugal.com in 2014. The number is huge and if all of these users are spending their time and money through this website, it is safe to say that they weren’t getting scammed by the company.
BeFrugal is a legitimate enterprise that can get you really great deals. It has also been featured on a number of popular media networks and publications like CBS, USA Today, The New York Times and others.
According to the website, BeFrugal features about 5,000 stores, which includes a number of the largest online retailers like Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Macy’s, The Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond and more!
You must keep in mind that it isn’t a consistent source of income so you can’t depend only on BeFrugal to run your house. It is, however, a nice way to earn some extra money.
How Do I Get Paid?
The company’s main source of income is affiliate marketing, which means that they get paid for adding links to online retailers on the website. Your money will be coming from the portion of the commission that BeFrugal flips so that its users can earn rewards for shopping through their website.
This means that your earnings will be in two forms. The first is cashback, a concept that was introduced more recently and the other form is the original – coupons and deals.
BeFrugal has a large number of partnerships with online stores that give rebates to customers who shop through the platform. The process is pretty straightforward and has been explained before.
- Step One – Sign Up
- Step Two – Shop
- Step Three – Get Paid
This means that other than the $10 bonus that you get when you sign up, each time you shop through the website, they will refund a part of the amount that you have spent on the purchase to you. According to the company, they give back 100% of the commissions they earn from the stores to the website’s users.
Coupons and Deals
The other way that you can get a great bargain out of BeFrugal is by making use of the coupons and deals provided by its partnership with over 50,000 stores in the United States.
Combine Coupons with Cashback to Gain More
The website has a third option that may work out great for you. The company claims that its deal experts are working every day to put out the best deals and coupons for you. You can combine these deals and coupons with the highest cashback rates to make the most of what is being offered by BeFrugal.
Founded in 2009, BeFrugal is an online coupon and cashback website owned by Capital Intellect, Inc. The company’s headquarters is situated in Boston, Massachusetts. CEO Jon Lal is the founder of the company and started off with just featuring some online coupons or promotion codes that can be availed at any grocery stores or restaurants in your vicinity.
Over the years it has expanded and in 2011, BeFrugal added the option of cashback to its site. As discussed before, this feature allows the website’s users to earn money back on purchases that they have made at partner retailers that they have accessed through BeFrugal.com.
The website is also known for its Fly or Drive Calculator. This is a specialized feature that lets you figure out the cheapest way to travel by comparing the plane or car options. The calculations are based on the vehicle and route that the user selects but also keeps in mind the tolls that you may have to pay, hotel costs to stay at, and an approximate taxi fare to and from the airport.
BeFrugal is just one of many rebate sites available. Three of their top competitors are:
- MyPoints – One of the oldest get paid to sites, MyPoints has a long history of paying for all sorts of activities not just shopping.
- InboxDollars – Part of an international company that focuses on paying its users cash, InboxDollars makes it easy to earn cash back and more.
- EarningStation – Not as well known as the two previous options, EarningStation has a solid reputation and a good network of online retailers.
- Save as You Shop – BeFrugal not only lets you shop at a wide variety of stores, it also brings a large number of deals and cashback options that will improve the way you shop by increasing your savings.
- Good Customer Service – BeFrugal boasts a positive BBB rating – an A+. An accredited firm since 2011, BeFrugal has an elaborate customer service system and also offers live chat sessions to its customers to resolve issues.
- Bonus for When You Start – The $10 bonus that the company gives when you first join the community is a nice touch. Not only do they pay you to shop, they also pay you to become a member!
- Lots of Spam in Your Email – Be prepared to receive tons of emails in your inbox after you join the platform as a member. There are several other cashback rebate sites that will not hit you so hard.
- Cashback Can Take Time to Reflect – The cashback that is promised isn’t always received on time. While the response team will be quick to answer your questions, the speed with which the money should reflect in your account will not increase in a number of cases.
BeFrugal Review Final Verdict
Befrugal is a legit cashback rebate site that has a sizeable number of retailers as a part of their network. You can easily navigate their website and their app to make sure you save the most on your purchases.
The bottom line is that BeFrugal is not a scam and should be considered by anyone looking for free money from their online shopping.