Paid surveys are an excellent way to earn a little side income. The problem with them is making sure you are not wasting your time on a service that underpays.
This review of Opinio Quest will help you decide if they are a service that works for you.
How Does OpinioQuest.com Work?
Opinio Quest rewards you for providing your opinion to companies looking to do market research. The process of getting started is pretty straightforward.
Registering with Opinio Quest is relatively simple. They ask for some contact and demographic information. By doing so, they can pinpoint surveys that are applicable to you.
Providing as much information as possible will make sure that you qualify for the surveys you are sent and get paid.
The name of the game is giving your opinion. Once you register and confirm your e-mail, you can log in to the site and start filling out surveys immediately.
Opinio Quest has one of the best systems for sending you e-mails with survey opportunities.
Not only are they cautious with the number of e-mails you receive, but you can also select which days you want to receive their e-mail updates. On top of that, you can even give them the topics you are interested in answering.
Just make sure that when you get the notification, you complete the survey before the deadline listed in the e-mail. It will feel like you are getting paid to read your email. Not a bad way to go.
Is Opinio Quest Legit?
Yes, Opinio Quest is a legitimate get paid to complete survey site.
They have completed payouts to people in multiple countries and have proven they will payout consistently.
Being directly connected to a market research company with a clearly stated physical location also ups its legitimacy.
Elicit research, which owns Opinio Quest, was recently ranked as a top 25 market research company for the Raleigh/Durham NC area.
How Do I Get Paid?
Opinio Quest is run as a rewards program. This means that you do not receive direct payment in cash. Instead, you earn points and cash them for gift cards.
As of this writing, you can redeem your points for gift cards from:
- Apple iTunes
- Domino’s Pizza
- Dunkin Donuts
- Shoppers Stop
While I prefer to get cash from my paid surveys, these options make it easy to convert your points and save money on other spending you would be making otherwise.
There is one significant upside to getting paid by gift card, taxes. Since gift cards are seen as a reward and not a payment, they are not taxed under the income tax system.
This means any gift cards you get from paid survey sites like Opinio Quest; you get to keep the full amount without filing that money on your taxes.
Opinio Quest is a subsidiary of its parent company Elicit Research. They are based in Sanford, NC and work with businesses and survey takers in more than 80 countries around the world.
While Elicit Research is the face of the company for recruiting businesses to perform market research, Opinio Quest is designed to recruit individuals and households to conduct that market research.
- LifePoints – Life Points is the new survey site created after two of the largest sites combined into one company.
- One Opinion – One of the only survey sites that will allow multiple accounts from one household.
- My Survey – Now a part of LifePoints, Mysurvey was one of the largest survey sites available.
- Branded Surveys – Great for higher value surveys.
- Easy to use interface – Whether online or in the app, the interface is very straight forward.
- Quick payouts – Payouts can be completed in less than 24 hours
- Easy points conversion – The gift cards available are widely used and popular for any consumer.
- Targeted surveys – The surveys you receive are based on your initial questionnaire responses
- No Cash Payouts – It would be nice if they offered PayPal as an option at some point.
- Not enough surveys – Like most survey sites, Opinio Quest can struggle to deliver surveys if you are not the target demographic they are looking for at the time. This is why we recommend signing up for multiple sites.
- Slow income potential – Paid surveys will not get you rich. They are a nice side income if you do them consistently.
- One Company – Because Opinio Quest only works with its parent company, this means there will never be the same number of surveys available as with a survey site that works with multiple market research companies.
Opinio Quest Surveys Review Final Thoughts
If you are looking for a paid survey site to supplement other sites where you are participating, then Opinion Quest is a good option.
If you are looking for a consistent flow of surveys where you can concentrate only on one site, then I would go with one of the other highly rated paid survey sites.
If you are looking to sign up for several trustworthy paid survey sites under one e-mail account to maximize earnings, then Opinio Quest should be one site for you to consider.