ShopatHome.com is a rewards portal that offers cash-back incentives at more than 3,000 stores and counting. This might sound like a lot of stores, but it’s still a lot fewer than similar competing services that have been around much longer.
They are a trustworthy company that does pay their customers, but there are a few caveats to the actual day-to-day usage that make it less than ideal.
Some of these smaller but still relevant issues that put them at a disadvantage with direct competitors include ease of use, network coverage, and speed of payment.
A customer serious about cash-back rewards will need to do some deeper digging based on their interests to determine if ShopatHome.com is the best option for them in some cases, most cases, or not at all.
How Does ShopatHome.com Work?
The process is pretty simple when you want to get started with ShopatHome.com, but it could be more intuitive when it comes to actual field usage afterward. You only register once, but the aim is to have you use the service as much as possible.
You start by registering for an account with them, which is not complicated and has no costs associated. So far, it all sounds terrific, right?
The main catch, which isn’t a catch, just something you need to remember every time you shop because it can be inconvenient, is that you need to go through their website to reap any benefits.
If you went on a shopping spree and forgot to open your stores through their portal, we’re sorry to inform you that you’re very much out of luck. This will probably be the main factor contributing to users not getting as many rewards as they qualify for once you get to actual usage stats.
Some competitors, in contrast, have plugins that live in your browser and are always active. So even if you forget about your potential cash-back rewards, they will remind you when you’re ready to check out, so you don’t miss out.
So yes, ShopatHome.com is easy to use, as long as you remember to go through it every time you’re shopping for something online. How good is your memory? That will be key.
Is Shop at Home Legit?
It is legitimate with no cheap cheats and relative ease of use. However, they do pay significantly less than more established competitors in this arena in many shops, so do your research before shopping because it is essential if you want to maximize your rewards.
You really should check and compare yourself, depending on your interests and favorite stores, because they do offer higher rates of cash-back on some stores, so it would be fair to say they pay less across the board.
It’s worth taking a few minutes to check your favorites and compare them to the rewards they offer elsewhere. Who knows, maybe your favorite is among those that pay more via ShopatHome.com
Bottom line: It’s a legitimate company with legitimate offers, but it might or might not be your best option depending on particular circumstances.
How Do I get Paid?
You can choose how to get paid. In the past, ShopatHome.com didn’t offer many options to cash out your earnings, but they have corrected this.
As of now, you can get choose to receive your money via a regular paper check, a PayPal transfer, or even an Amazon gift card if you’re already planning to use your earnings there.
ShopatHome.com has been around for a few years now. Longevity is important because it gives you some assurance that they won’t disappear into thin air with your earnings.
They’re also associated with survey giant Swagbucks through their partnership with PeanutLabs.
And while PeanutLabs is not worth your time (more on that another day), it is again a bit reassuring to see them connected to more prominent companies that are well-established and trusted.
ShopatHome is a good site, but you may have better luck earning from these options:
- Mr Rebates – One of the most used rebate sites, Mr. Rebates is a top option for getting rewarded to shop online.
- Extrabux – With over 7,000 retailers to earn from, Extrabux helps you earn cash back at most websites.
- PaidViewPoint – With a generous referral program, PaidViewPoint is a reliable payer for surveys and rewards.
- PollPass – Using a chatbot interface to complete surveys, PollPass is unique in its approach to gathering and paying out for marketing information.
- It’s free and easy to sign up.
- If for some reason, your cash-back doesn’t go through at the time you’re shopping, you can contact them with your proof of purchase, and they may consider reimbursing you (no guarantees, though).
- They have an initial $10 bonus if you make a qualifying purchase in the first 60 days since you opened your account. This purchase needs to be of at least $25 to be eligible for this one-time reward.
- You can get paid via check, PayPal, or even an Amazon gift card.
- They offer higher cash-back on some specific stores.
- Their network isn’t as extensive as more established players in this arena.
- You need to have a minimum of $20 balance to request funds to be paid to you.
- After you meet the threshold and make the request, it can take up to 30 days for payments to go through!
- They don’t pay as much as most of the competition, so there’s less money for you to make through them than if you used a similar alternative service.
- Usage isn’t super intuitive, so you might forget to use it and lose out on money.
- You have to go through their website when shopping for cash-backs to be available in your transactions.
- Customer complaints are saying that often the cash-backs don’t show up.
- They don’t have as many shops connected to their benefits as some more prominent competitors in the field.
ShopatHome.com Review Final Thoughts
Overall, ShopatHome.com is one of the more reliable options for cashback rebates.
If you can work with the interface and it works with your favorite retailers then you can feel good about using ShopatHome.com.